Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Wednesday, March 12, 2008

talk me through this...

I am still nursing Zachary at nearly 20 months old. That amazes me since I didn't make it to 7 months with Haley or even 2 months with Micheal. But there are days, like yesterday, that I think I'm done.

When we get home from work/daycare all Zachary wants is to nurse. For the next three-ish hours...he pops on and off and on and off and on and off and wants to switch and wants to switch back. It's driving me CRAZY! yesterday, as hour three started and I was getting very grumpy, I told him "no more" until time for bed. He sobbed. He cried. He wailed. I was keeping him from the ONE THING in his life that he loves. I held him and rocked him and tried to reassure him that he could nurse again at bedtime. After about 15 minutes of heart breaking crying (mostly his), he calmed down and just laid in my arms and looked up at the ceiling. He didn't look at me, just up. I stroked his hair and face and told him that Mommy needed a moment and that I loved him so much and he was such a big boy...on and on with trying to get a smile or at the very least a look out of him. Finally I asked if he wanted to eat dinner and that is when he finally moved from my arms.

Did I just hurt his nursing outlook? I don't want him to completely wean right now...I just can not spend that many hours at that time of day nursing him...and my poor sore nipples can not take much more of the popping on and off!

Suggestions? Recommendations? Help????

Labels: , ,

posted by Kerry @ 11:43 AM  

1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, March 28, 2008, Blogger Mathochist said…

    (Sorry, been blog MIA and am probably too late on this one...)

    1) Read Mothering Your Nursing Toddler

    2) It is OKAY and NECESSARY to set rules/limits on nursing. It needs to be a pleasurable experience for both of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home