Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Sunday, March 16, 2008

I am praying that this is going to be my house!

A house tour for my sister and mom!

Front of house:


(the garage door is off the track a little bit)the garage is oversized and has an area for Mike's tools and junk! There is also a door to the back yard.



The entry way stepping into the living room:


Living room windows:


standing in the dining room looking into the kitchen (I'm not sure why Mike didn't get an actual picture of the dining room with the sliding glass door to the back yard):


kitchen pictures:
the kitchen is functional as is, but when we're tired of rolling around in all our millions of dollars we'll eventually have laying around we'll get new cabinets and counter tops and redo the entire kitchen. For now though, we'll just get the basics, like a stove and a cabinet to use for a pantry!

sink and dishwasher:

window above sink:



spots for the stove and refrigerator:

from the light switch to the cabinet is where I want a pantry:


Through the doorway from the kitchen is a small bonus room. It's about 8 x 8 in size and has a window and the door to the garage. We have talked about that room being a few different things but will most likely end up with it being sort of a mud room (tile floor so it's easier to clean up dirty shoes) and where my office stuff will go. I was thinking of my scrapbooking area too, but it might be too small overall for all my office stuff and all my scrapbooking stuff! But we'll see. Mike's a whiz with building shelves and making rooms amazing!


As mentioned before, the dining room has a sliding glass door to the back yard:

a covered deck


and a cement patio down from the deck:

We didn't take pictures of the rest of the yard but it is a good size. After going out about 20 feet it starts to angle up at the railroad ties. Not as steep as the Sabin house's yard is, but still a hill. Since it's the dead of winter still here I have no idea if it's all natural growth or if it's landscaped. No matter, Mike can do amazing things! We will build Zachary some sort of play structure or swing set out there too.


Next we'll go down one flight of stairs to the family room, laundry room and bathroom.


the full bathroom. This will be "Micheal's" bathroom since he'll live in the basement where there is no bathroom. He'll only have to go up one short flight of steps (about 7) to get to it so he's pretty excited. Other houses we looked at having him in the unfinished basements of he would have had to go up a full flight or two of stairs to get to a bathroom!
I can not figure out the look the previous owner was going for in the tile. The small tiles look really nice but those bigger ones are not even straight!

I think Mike is standing in the dining room looking down to the family room here. To the right of the fireplace where there is that L shaped area, that will be Zachary's play area. We're already dreaming of how we'll fix that up for him! The door with the mirror is the laundry room.

Zachary immediately climbed up on the fireplace and started walking back and forth across it...Daddy taught him that a few houses back! Eventually I'd love to get a flat panel TV and hang it above the fireplace, I seriously doubt we'll ever burn a fire!

I think it was at this point of the tour that Mike said you know you're in almost every picture, right? I said I'm sure it's my BUTT that's in most! :)
See? :) Looking into the laundry room to the right and Zachary's play area to the left. The pipes sticking out into the play area are water pipes...probably so some party type people can add a wet bar to the same area I'll have my toddler play!

The laundry room. Too much excitement!!!

Let's go ahead and go all the way down...to the basement!

There are 2 rooms in the basement, they could both be bedrooms but we'll use this one for storage. Don't you LOVE that carpet? We're going to replace all the carpet in the entire house...but this stripe is so lovely! I get dizzy if I look at it too long! :)


The closet of this one holds the furnace and water heater.

This is Micheal's bedroom. Again with the crazy carpet!
Micheal's closet. We will add a clothes rod in there since it's only the shelves for now.

We'll finish up the tour by going all the way upstairs! Three bedrooms and two bathrooms await.

My only comment about this bathroom (upstairs in the hall, will be Zachary and Haley's bathroom) is "wow...that's ugly".

But it has a skylight and Mike can do amazing things to make it un-ugly. :)The first bedroom from the doorway. I'm pretty sure this will be Zachary's room. It's a bit smaller than the other upstairs bedroom, but we'll let Haley chose.
It does have a nice sized closet.

The second upstairs bedroom I love this room's windows in the corner, it's so bright and sunny that the scary ugly orange used to be shag carpet didn't even scare me!This closet is a bit smaller than the other bedroom closet. If I was Haley, I'd take this room and ask my talented Dad to build me a window seat in the corner!


The master bedroom. This is one of two closets, both of them are pretty big. The door where Zachary is standing is to the bathroom.I love the windows in here too. All total there are 16 windows in this house...and all 16 need replaced. Lucky for me my husband has some experience in replacing windows!

The master bathroom. Unlike most other houses we looked at, it's a full bathroom. I hate the sink cabinet and medicine cabinet thingy...those will go eventually.on the stairs looking down into the living room. Funny, from up here you can't really see how bad the carpet is!

That's it. The whole house. We'll do some texture work, a ton of painting. New carpet, eventually new floor for the dining room, kitchen and bonus room. Maybe the entry floor. Fix up that ugly bathroom, remodel the kitchen. Do something to the huge yard (front, sides and back). It's a decent house that we can very easily do a little work to get us moved into and then put the "Mike and Kerry" stamp on as we live here all the rest of our days. I can see us there for many MANY years unlike just about every other house we've seen including the other 2 we put offers on. To me, that says it all. If I can see us old and frail in this house...it must be mine.

We haven't even put an offer in on it as of right now...I think we're going to do that after church today! Keep us in your prayers that this is our house!

Labels:

posted by Kerry @ 7:56 AM  

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home