Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Sunday, August 05, 2007

thinking out loud

I keep wondering, why do I blog? I love to read other people's blogs...I love to hear about their lives, from the drama to the mundane. From the boring "I'm here, kids and I went grocery shopping, I cleaned up poop and puke and all kinds of food off highchair tray today" to the exciting news of marriage and babies arriving safely. I love to hear how my Internet friends are doing.

But me, why do I blog? I hardly ever share "this is how we spent our day" posts. I typically come in with "I'm stressed/pissed/whatever" short spewing messes and call it good. I don't try to "share" myself online at all.

I do know why I'm guarded...I've been very hurt in the past by someone I was sure was my friend, someone who I thought was trying to help me in a tough situation. But after the dust settled, I got to thinking about that, and many other friendships and started censoring my life online. For a long time that censorship carried over into my personal "real" life as well. I didn't share with ANYONE for a long time. I think I'm better now, but there are a lot of scary things hiding in my brain that don't dare come out to people! LOL

So...why keep a blog. I try to share fun updates about the kids, even though I hardly ever write about my older ones anymore. I try to share cute pictures or stories so the rare times my sister or my mom come along to read (when I specifically email them and send the link!) "check this out"!!! I just keep wondering why I think I'm so important as to have a little piece of the Internet with my name carved into it. I hardly do it any sort of justice blabbering on like I do.

If you blog, why? What is your "motivation" so to speak. And if I don't have a link to your blog, why not? LOL I'm sure I'd love to be reading all about your day too!

Labels: ,

posted by Kerry @ 4:23 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, August 10, 2007, Blogger gail said…

    It's serious therapy for me although I juggle back and forth between hiding and not.... I need it though, strings attached or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home