Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Sunday, March 30, 2008

a serious post

I need help.

Ok, not me so much as it's the about to be 2 years old and HATING life boy of mine that needs help.

I know I've done this before, and both times I endured the "terrible twos" or whatever it is that's going on all by myself without a spouse/daddy person around to help. This child is wearing us both down. And fast.

The hitting, the screaming, the crying (mostly him), the NO and MINE that just sprouted up this weekend (and how in the world does he know how to use them so well???). Prime example, went to play with Sammy and Katie last night, Sammy was smart and went to bed. Katie and Zachary were doing the best job for near being 2 years old each at taking turns on the slide. Until one wouldn't move and they both started in:
"Mys"

"Mine"

"Mys"

"Mine"

"Mys"

"Mine"

"Mys"

"Mine"

"Mys"
"Mine"
"Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys"
"Mine""Mys""Mine"

Until my head exploded. It wasn't horrible, but Zachary is getting louder and louder these days.

Seriously though, I know he's going to act up and challenge me. Daily. Probably minutely. How do I not over-react and stick him in his crib 27 hours a day? I am starting to yell a lot again (I had finally broken that awful habit after years of yelling at the older kids...but have now fallen back into that trap).

I do have a Love and Logic book I want to finish reading. I do give him 2 choices, of things I can live with, but he won't chose either. Instead he choses to scream, yell, hit, cry and throw himself on the ground head first.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Kerry @ 4:14 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, April 05, 2008, Blogger Alissa said…

    omg I'm with ya sista! Tyler threw his first full out tantrum the other day (screaming at the top of his lungs) when we brought him inside after playing outside. I left him hanging on the childproof door knob cover thingie screaming bloody murder...just walked away. Was that right? I HAVE NO F-ING CLUE!!!!! And the hitting...urgh. Hate it. LoL...but my gma said I should hit him back and I almost fell on the floor laughing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home