Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Tuesday, July 11, 2006

nine more days?

I wonder if it will only be in nine more days? Remember that last post...I mistakenly told Zachary to either "step it up" or "knock it off". Yeah, well. He chose the latter. LOL




Not one single complaint as I know this is short lived, but the past 2 nights I've slept in 4 hour chunks of time. I only wake up because I swear to all that is holy my bladder is about to explode. LOL I am sleeping SO well, labor should be moments away. Well rested, able to handle it all, right?




I read the most beautiful home birth story the other day...I'm not sure I'll end up linking to that blog or not...and I'm not throwing a pity party about having another hospital birth, even though my ideal birth would be in the water. The part I loved about this birth story was the husband's involvement. I would love for Mike to read this story but I'm not sure he'd get from it what I am looking for in him...the unending support...the "we" can do this together mentality.




Don't read more into this and think that I feel like Mike isn't going to do his absolute best. I know he is, just by how he has been with these past 5 days of never ending early labor. It's more that, until I read someone else's words, I didn't know how to tell Mike what I think I want in support from him. Part of me feels like this should be a reasonably quick delivery...I'm making great progress so far, right? I've had 2 babies born from first contraction to delivery in a very short time. But then again, I had one baby born in a LONG LONG LONG time. I really have no idea if I'm naturally a quick deliverer and the Pitocin induced labor sucked all kinds of ass because I was stuck in bed and not allowed to get up AT ALL...or if I got lucky twice and the long sucky delivery is my norm. I did tell my doctor my plans for labor...walking a LOT, using the Jacuzzi tub and IF I need it I know the options for pain relief. I do NOT want to walk in the door of the birth center, find out I'm 5 CM dilated and go for the epidural. I can do this more toward the natural than the drugged side of things. Not dissing anyone that had the epi, I have had one for my tubal surgery in Mexico and I did not like the after effects. The numb legs for hours after the surgery was over. The pins and needles pain when the feeling returns. And the still after 2 1/2 years sore spot on my back where the needle went in. I've used pain relief in 2 out of 3 deliveries, a shot of Demerol for the first, when I had relentless and very painful back labor, and a shot of Stadol for the third, which was more the nurses idea for my grief than my need for anything at all...I knew that was going to be a very quick delivery and it was. Then again, with a 4 ounce baby, I am probably as dilated now as I was when he was born, right?




So...anyone want to make guesses as to when this baby will come? Mike and I do the "magic number" game every week now for my appts...how many more CM dilated? How effaced? I'm pretty confidant that I lost my entire plug by now...but you never know.




I'm also curious as to how big this baby is. Mike was a tiny little thing when he was born...unfortunately I have no way of finding out if he was a bit premature since his dad has no clue and his mom died nearly 6 years ago. He weighed 4 pounds 14 ounces and was 18 inches long. I was a porker! LOL 8 pounds 10 ounces and 21 1/2 inches (I think...my mom says closer to 10 pounds but I remember comparing my size at birth to Haley's size). My kids have varied quite a bit too. Micheal was 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches, Haley was 8 pounds 7 ounces officially, but she was 8 pounds 9 ounces right at birth. Her funny story, the doctor was sure she was over 9 pounds as she was coming out, so they weighed her right away as soon as they cut the cord. 8 pounds 9 ounces. He said, no way! She's bigger...weigh her again. So the nurse picked her up off the scale, Haley peed this huge arch of pee across the room, and weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. LOL She was 21 1/2 inches long. Matthew was a peanut, had he survived I was thinking he'd be small like Mike at birth. At almost 20 weeks he was 4 ounces and 7 1/2 inches long. Zachary, at 33 weeks was it? somewhere around there, was over 5 pounds already. I'm thinking he'll be in the 8 pound range and at least 20 inches. He's really squished up in there...his head is staying pretty low but his butt and legs are way up in my ribs. Dropped down and stretched out! LOL




Well, that's about all I've got for today. I finally had one little tiny contraction, I haven't had any since last night! LOL It's all good though, Mike is way way way out of range today with work. I'd rather not go into labor today anyway! This weekend would be fine, shoot Friday night would be fine. Thursday I have a LLL meeting I want to check out and then the OB/NST appts and Haley's ballet. Friday is mom/daughter day at Haley's request and we'll go buy Zachary's pack n play with bassinet top and a couple of blankets. I have 4 receiving blankets and 2 heavy blankets...I need a couple of in between weight ones. Other than that, I feel pretty well set.




I'm on the fence about a baby bath tub. Opinions? Suggestions? Our bathroom is tiny, we have a pedestal sink with no counter top so we'll be doing the bathing in the kitchen. Is one of those sling type seats a good idea for a newborn? I can do a pile of towels on the counter top for a few weeks, but when he's wiggly I'll need to either grow a few extra hands or find a way to hold him without using my hands! LOL

posted by Kerry @ 11:48 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home