Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm just me: wife to Mike for 9 years, mom to three great kids I can hug and kiss every day and one babe I can't wait to hold in my arms again one day soon. I'm always looking to improve my faith life and be a better wife and mother.

Previous Posts

Credits

Design and layout by Design in Reflection Photo by Intuitivmedia


title.jpg (22K)

whiny baby tales

The Mommy is bored...the kids are bored...the Daddy works too much. What's a family to do???

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
Get your own Family Sticker Maker & MySpace Layouts.













Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I suck. Badly.

Oh my God, please tell me what has gotten into my sweet baby???? He's an absolute NIGHTMARE tonight!

Last week, when we went to the zoo, he started this fun new thing that out of the blue whenever he feels like it he SCREAMS this high pitched blood curdling scream. I can NOT stand kids that just scream to hear themselves scream...and that appears to be Zachary's new favorite past time. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...he's been going to daycare for 3 days now...he's basically walking around completely sleep deprived because he will NOT nap at daycare and he's been getting up at least 4 times at night. He's going to bed at like 7, which is at least an hour earlier than normal. I KNOW he's exhausted, hell I'm exhausted!

Today...he took a gloriously long nap at daycare!!! 1 1/2 hours...he slept so good! The ladies said he was so happy and didn't cry at all today...other than the mad screaming cry when I first dropped him off. He had a GREAT day. I was so glad, and hoped that him finally giving his overtired body that nice nap would help with tonight and maybe he'd sleep more than 2 hours. A mom can dream.

The screaming fit started around 4:30. My oldest son sat down with a snack and the baby wanted it. All of it. Guess he's not eating real great still at daycare. So, Zachary had a snack, and almost half of what his big brother was eating BEFORE dinner. Then an hour later for dinner he ate more food that I thought could possibly fit in his little belly. And a little while after dinner he nursed like he's not had food for years. Growth spurt??? I know he's teething, his gums are soooo red and swollen and the drool is coming by the bucket full, so I gave him Motrin. I might have given him too much as he's bigger than what the infant dose goes up to and I was going on my very overtired memory of what the doctor told me to give him.

The screaming, oh the screaming. I actually SPANKED him. I felt horrible but really wanted to toss him head first out the door, the screaming was that bad. I love this boy to death, don't get me wrong, but I just can't stand the screaming. So...I decided it wasn't getting any better (this had been going on for 1 1/2 hour now) and what the hell, maybe he needs to just go to bed. I know I was at my breaking point, so off to bed he went. And he SCREAMED. But then he fell asleep...for 45 minutes.

I got him up, he wanted to cuddle and nurse, but still he was fussing. I stood him on the ground for a minute and he about fell over...I think the Motrin does was too much! Oops...hopefully that will leave his system soon. Anyway...I was trying to love on him and cuddle with him and nurse him at his request but he started screaming again!!! So...I put him on the floor in front of me and just keep asking if he was done. Which brought on MORE screaming. Finally after about 1/2 an hour of screaming, he seemed to calm down...at least a bit. Enough to nurse again. Then he started rubbing his eyes and just looked so tired I told him it was time for bed. He's in his crib now...not sleeping but not screaming or crying. I do hope the boy sleeps tonight...I seriously need to get some sleep myself or I have a bad feeling I'm going to just crash soon. Hopefully while I'm at home doing nothing the next couple of days! LOL

Frustration is my name!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Kerry @ 7:56 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home